Few things are more painful in life than to be betrayed by someone you love and trusted. It happens frequently and maybe the only thing worse than the betrayal, is being blind to the fact that it is happening. In order to avoid being blindsided by your boyfriend, here are some signs of a cheating boyfriend you should be on the lookout for.
Just remember, that some of these things could actually be signs of other things such as depression or too much stress at work, so while it's important to be observant, it's also important that you don't jump to conclusions. It's also important that you aren't just projecting your own insecurities on to your boyfriends behavior. If you've been cheated on in the past, or have cheated on someone, you'll be far more likely to see cheating where there may not be any. Just make sure you're honest with yourself before you go off accusing your boyfriend of anything.
1. If your boyfriend starts avoiding time with you it's possible that he's either seeing someone else or at least has someone else on his mind. If he used to be anxious for the times the two of you could get together, but now he seems almost indifferent as to whether or not he even sees you, this could be a sign that there is something going on.
2. It may be a cliche, but it can still be accurate, is your boyfriend suddenly working late a lot? If so, he's either bucking for a promotion or he's doing some promoting of his own.
3. Has he suddenly started taking more care with his appearance? If he used to let his hair grow out or dress like a slob and suddenly he's going in for a trim and buying new clothes there is definitely something going on. It could just mean that he's growing up and realizes he wants to present a better image of himself, but it could also be a sign of trouble.
4. Depending on how sneaky you want to get (remember, the more sneaky you get the harder it will be to come back from even if he doesn't catch you), you could check out the history on his computer or look at his emails and text messages. I actually don't recommend these things though since if your relationship has so little trust it probably isn't worth much at this point anyway, you might be better off just moving on.
5. Another thing to keep in mind is your boyfriends past relationships. If he has admitted to you that he has cheated in the past it's highly likely that that is the way he is and he will do it again. Of course, even honest people make mistakes and that might be the case, it might have been a one time slip up and he shouldn't be condemned forever because of it. But for a lot of people cheating is just the way they are and if they did it once they're likely to do it again.
If you want to find out whether or not your boyfriend is cheating on you, it's usually pretty easy to spot the signs of a cheating boyfriend. Just make sure you're ready to deal with whatever you find. Unless you are just suspicious by nature, if you think something is going on, it probably is.